Rocket League is a high-powered hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem with easy-to-understand controls and fluid, physics-driven competition. Rocket League includes casual and competitive Online Matches, a fully-featured offline Season Mode, special “Mutators” that let you change the rules entirely, hockey and basketball-inspired Extra Modes, and more than 500 trillion possible cosmetic customization combinations.
Winner or nominee of more than 150 “Game of the Year” awards, Rocket League is one of the most critically-acclaimed sports games of all time. Boasting a community of more than 57 million players, Rocket League features ongoing free and paid updates, including new DLCs, content packs, features, modes and arenas.
- Rocket Pass 3 – Purchase Rocket Pass Premium to get an initial 50% XP bonus and earn up to 70 unique rewards, including a new Battle-Car, Goal Explosion, Keys, and more!
- Challenge System – Play Online Matches and complete Weekly Challenges to tier up and unlock unique rewards only found in Rocket Pass.
- Esports Shop – Show off your team pride for your favorite teams in Rocket League Esports! The Rocket League Esports Shop pilot program brings new Decals, Wheels, and Player Banners that represent some of the best teams in the sport. of the best teams in the sport.SteamOS and Mac Beta Versions
As of September 8, 2016, the SteamOS and Mac versions of Rocket League® were released to “Beta.” SteamOS is the only “officially” supported Linux client, though other Linux platforms may be compatible. Likewise, the Mac version may or may not work on older systems with an integrated video solution and a dedicated GPU is highly recommended (Macs from 2013 or after should be okay). Mac system requirements are as follows:
- OS: MacOS X 10.8.5
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: OpenGL 4.1 – ATI Radeon HD 5670, NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or Iris Pro Graphics
Be sure and check ongoing patch notes for SteamOS and Mac beta updates going forward. Listed below are all known issues for both versions of the game as of June 1, 2017:
- The correct store page for DLC purchased through the Showroom doesn’t show up for Big Picture users. This is a Steam client-specific issue that Valve will be fixing in an upcoming patch
- There are occasional crashes when exiting from a match to the main menu
- The statues in Urban Central do not display correctly
- You may experience intermittent blurring issues
- (Mac Only) Xbox 360 controllers won’t work. You will need a third-party driver solution to use them
- (Mac Only) Steam Controller is not natively supported